Monday, April 23, 2012

Finally a Terrarium

Happy Monday! If you didn't get a chance, please head over to Chic on a Shoestring Decorating to see Courtney's guest post yesterday. Thanks Kate for having us on your blog!

Chic on a Shoestring Decorating


I have wanted to make a terrarium ever since we decided to move into a basement apartment. I knew that we wouldn't get a lot of light and that I don't have a very green thumb. It seemed like the perfect solution to my problems. Here is my Pinspiration.

Grow Little
CB2

I went to Michael's armed with my 40% off coupon and started looking. I found the perfect jar for my terrarium, and it even has a lid incase I want to make a closed terrarium later on. 


I added the stones to the bottom of the jar for good drainage. Hopefully I don't overwater, but I am all set if I add a bit too much.


Then I added some potting soil and my plants.


I really love how it looks. I don't have the lid on it because I don't want too much moisture inside. Hopefully I can put in a fern and some succulents. It is very nice to have some greenery in my home. Now for the real test... to see if I can keep these plants alive!

Happy Crafting,
Kristin

PS: I linked up here.


It's a Blog Party apinchofjoy.com YourSiteTitle Skip To My Lou

3 comments:

  1. Looks wonderful! A terrarium has been on my list for a few months. I have a humongous cookie jar that the kids talked me into buying, but it just is too big. Perfect for a terrarium!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a terrarium on my to do list too! Yours turned out beautifully -great job.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...