Monday, April 2, 2012

Gallery Wall Art

Mr. Firefly and I moved into our apartment almost two months ago and we're still trying to decorate it. We have run into a few problems because the place is a lot smaller than we thought with less storage and because it is a basement apartment. Yesterday I was lying in bed and staring at the wall. It looked very boring because there was nothing on it. What made it even more awkward was that there was no furniture on it. Have a look at what I mean (and yes that is my cat on the bed).


I looked on Pinterest for inspiration and here's what I found.
Heart Punch Valentine's Day Art










Gallery Wall

And so I set to work to make my bedroom look a bit better. I found an old picture frame and painted it black. Then I took a piece of white paper for my background and made a grid on it.


The next step was to make hearts. I decided to use our wedding hymn "Be Thou My Vision" instead of a book because I couldn't bring myself to cut pages out of a book. The Martha Stewart Heart Punch cut the perfect sized hearts for my project.


 I then glued the hearts to the grid.
 

And voila! A wonderful piece of art to hang on my wall.
 

My original plan was to get the frames on the wall before Mr. Firefly came home from work.  I then remembered how particular he is about hanging things perfectly level and measured exactly. So, he hung them for me. I am very pleased with the result.


This house picture was found at House Stuff Works. They have some wonderful free printables that you must go and see. 


Now I just need to figure out what to do with the rest of the bedroom. Any ideas?



Happy Crafting,
Kristin 

I linked up here:


It's a Blog Party
Skip To My Lou apinchofjoy.com

4 comments:

  1. Lovely specimen art! I have followed the blog of your original inspiration (Cozy.Cottage.Cute) for years and she has some beautiful projects for your walls. I've been living in my house for three years and still have nothing hung up in our bedroom so good for you for gettin' it done so soon!

    Claire @ alittlesomethinginthemeantime.blogspot.com

    P.S. The idea to add a grid beforehand is a great tip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claire. I love getting art up on the wall because it makes it feel like home.

      Delete
  2. Stopping by from the Busy Monday Link Party! http://queenofsavings.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...