Thursday, May 3, 2012

Comfort Casserole

One of my favourite meals that my mom cooks is her Hamburger Rice Casserole. Now that I'm off and living on my own I like to make it for myself when I'm feeling a little homesick and need some comfort food. Which is why I may as well just call it my Comfort Casserole from now on.
This is one of these dishes that is so amazing delicious, especially considering how few ingredients go into it!




Ingredients1 lb. cooked hamburger
1 pkg. onion soup mix
2 cans cream of chicken soup

1 can (empty chicken soup can) of water
1 can (empty chicken soup can) of rice



Method
Mix all of the ingredients together in a greased casserole dish and bake at 350 F for an hour. 




Enjoy!


Happy Cooking,
Courtney


PS: Look here to see where we link up.

4 comments:

  1. Looks good! And simple too can't beat that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Courtney! I'm a new follower. This looks so simple and delicious. I'm sure my kids (and hubby) would really enjoy! I'll have to try it out next week. I am such a big fan of comfort food. The simple stuff that mom and grandma used to make; stuff that reminds me of home. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melissa, I'm following you now too.

      Hope you and your family enjoy the casserole, I just finished the last of my leftovers from this dish tonight and it still tasted just as good as when it was fresh out of the oven!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing your recipe and for linking up to the Piece of Cake Party! Hope to see you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...