Monday, May 14, 2012

Family Cluster Necklace

Happy Mother's Day! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. For us, the sun was shining and the birds were out... a true spring day. It was gorgeous and so great to spend the day with my Mom.
Both my mother and my mother-in-law are amazing mothers and I wanted to give them a present that would recognize that they are wonderful mothers. This necklace is a family necklace with the initials of their children.

First I went to Michael's to search of the perfect pieces for my Mother's Day necklaces. I needed to find a flat piece that I could stamp letters on. This proved to be much more difficult that I had imagined! Eventually, I found this, and my little 1/16" letters fit nicely on it. Look here for the magnets I made with these small letters.

I then added a pearl and a blue stone to make a little cluster.

This fit so nicely and an silver chain.

I love how the necklace turned out. It is modern and simple, yet has so much meaning. I loved making it so much that I made some earrings out of the left over material.


I am sure that I will be making more jewelry!

Happy Crafting,

PS: Here's where we link up.

4 comments:

  1. So pretty! I have been thinking about getting the tools to make projects with stamped letters. Yours look great!
    Holly @ www.abakershouse. Found you through A Pinch of Joy's link up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job!! Very pretty and special!

    Come see my Cure for the Common Monday post: http://likemamalikedaughter.blogspot.com/2012/05/how-to-tuesday-3-ingredient-organic.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute!! I love the way it came out! Thanks for sharing and I am a new follower!
    Hope you have a great week!
    Michelle
    www.delicateconstruction.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are adorable - your Mom and MIL are lucky ladies!
    - Lizzie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...