Thursday, July 5, 2012

Baked Zucchini Sticks

When I run out of dinner ideas I like to turn to my stack of Kraft What's Cooking magazines and find something to make (last time I made these Mini BBQ Meatloaves). Today I'm going to share a recipe from the fall 2011 issue, Bake Zucchini Sticks.


Ingredients
1 pouch extra crispy Shake'N Bake
(I suggest two)
1 tbsp. minced parsley
1 egg
1 tbsp. water
4 zucchinis
ranch or caesar dressing

Method
Heat oven to 400 F.
Wash and cut zucchinis crosswise in half, then quartered lengthwise.
Mix coating mix and parsley on plate. Beat egg and water together in shallow bowl with fork.
Dip zucchini sticks in eggs, then in coating mixture, covering all sides evenlying. Place on cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. Serve with your choice of dressing.


They turned out great, and were very delicious. You probably will need to use both Shake'N Bake pouches that come in the box though, I did, and could possibly need an extra egg as well. It is a great appetizer, and even though it was in the fall issue, I think it is perfect for a summer day when you don't want to eat a lot of hot and heavy foods.

Happy Cooking,

PS: Here's where we link up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...