This weekend I had some fun with buttons. And surprisingly they weren't involved in a sewing project!
It all started with this image on Pinterest:
The project comes from here, and gave me the idea to make my own variation. I didn't have buttons in the a pretty colour variation like the one above, so I used spray paint.
I started by going through my button jar (I bought a large bag of buttons at Wal-Mart for only a couple of dollars) and picking up a variety of buttons in sizes, all in a thin, circular shape. To make sure I had enough I formed them into a heart shape in the opening space of the frame.
I then took the buttons outside with my can of grey spray paint and coated them all. I had to let them try for quite some time because the humidity wasn't on my side. But once I was sure they were dry enough I took a piece of cream paper and re-shaped the buttons into a heart. The tricky part was gluing them down with my hot glue gun. I tried to first glue the button and put it back down on the paper but that didn't work so well (think hot glue on my poor fingers - ouch!) so I switched and put the glue on the paper instead and then dropped the button on top.
Here's how it ended up!
Yes, surprise, I left the red button out of the spray-painted group on purpose to add a little something special!
PS: Here's where we link up.